Dortmund Bus Attack Police suspect greed, not terror responsible for attack
The man was hoping to profit from a drop in the football team's share price as a result of the attack last week. Police commandos on Friday arrested a German-Russian suspect behind a bomb attack on Borussia Dortmund's team bus, prosecutors said, indicating the motive was financial and not terror-related. They said the man, identified only as 28-year-old Sergej W. , was hoping to profit from a drop in the football team's share price as a result of the attack last week. Three explosive devices went off in a hedge alongside the team bus on April 11, minutes after it left the squad's hotel heading for a Champions League quarter-final match at home against Monaco . The blast shattered the bus windows, and Spanish international Marc Bartra , 26, was wounded, forcing him to undergo surgery for a broken wrist. A policeman on a motorcycle escorting the bus suffered trauma from the noise of the blast. "The accused is suspected of having carried out the atta...

Comments
Post a Comment